Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Not all sweetness and light...

If you've read my last post, you might wonder why I bothered to leave it up. Isn't this supposed to be about Art?

Well, yes. I guess so. But Art (art) is life looked at closely, in stop-motion. Sometimes life doesn't look so good. Is art required to show all?

Writing is also art. And in writing I find it easier to approach the hardships of living.

In painting, mostly I eliminate people. Sometimes I incorporate the things of people - roads, buildings, telephone poles. This is all just my personal take. Other painters deal with life differently. I find that serenity is my goal most often.

Of course, nothing is 100% here. If you look at my storm pictures, you will see that nature's fury invaded my paintings for some time this spring.



No comments:

Post a Comment