Thursday, September 27, 2012

Endless Repetition!

I am sure I repeat myself - both in ideas and words - in this blog.

But that's because I repeat thoughts and ideas daily. Perhaps it's a necessary element of memory.

If anyone saw the moment "Memento" (I think that's the title!) about a man who could not retain new memories, maybe the endless repetition of thinking and debating with oneself and others has a purpose: to reinforce the idea or thought as long as it remains valid.

Hopefully, the repetition also serves to keep the thought or idea up to date, incorporating everything new that comes along.

So, once again, I find myself struggling to complete anything I like. I suppose the up side of this type of painter's block is that I don't have to figure out how to store all the paintings I would be producing if I weren't suffering! How ludicrous to always search for a bright side.

I think I will, soon, have to sit down and try to put some plan into words. I would like to have a philosophy of painting - something I am trying to accomplish with my painting, that I could return to when the inspiration fails to spark.

Anyway, one over the past week.



No comments:

Post a Comment