Friday, July 20, 2012

Okay, I think it's been the heat!

Must be the heat that's been blanking me out. Just getting outside and running errands has been exhausting. I get to the studio and there's nothing! 

And this has gone on day after day.
If you know me, you will know that I am prolific. Not producing anything I like is very hard to take.

Anyway, the heat broke yesterday morning, a bit, and storms through yesterday evening helped a lot. Today, despite a dearth of image ideas, I managed to mess around with a canvas until finally, I think I've got something.

After days of heat
and air so thick
it feels like being underwater
and every step is an effort

days of this, weeks,
then finally
the distant lightning
the grumbling of its thunder

the smell
musty
and then the rain
at last
life to the thirsty land.





No comments:

Post a Comment